We offer First Article Inspection (FAI) for CNC machining upon request. You can request FAI on your order by contacting your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can use FAI to validate parts compliance to specification before "Mass Production". You will receive a subset of parts with a set of FAI documentation for approval before continuing with full production of the order. Upon approval you should fill in the parts acceptance letter and email it to email@example.com.
To proceed with FAI we need to know the following:
- Critical dimensions (indicated by a customer on technical drawings)
- Batch size (usually set by a standard)
- Parts to be inspected
FAI includes the following documents:
- Full Dimensional Report - done via CMM machine
- Document certifying material compliance
- Metals: Material Test Report
- Plastics: Material Certificates
- Production flowchart
- Production Control Plan
- Parts acceptance letter
We offer FAI free of charge for orders over $10,000, and at $250/line item for metals and $150 for plastics for any orders of lower value. We also require 15 working day addition to the lead time.